Amid the beauty of the Andes and Amazon, a rare language and service experience awaits. Get set to journey back in time to discover Peru in a way that few can.
Machu Picchu is just one incredible stop along the way as we explore the ancient Incan empire. Hike to breathtaking Andean summits as llamas stampede by. In the Sacred Valley, live at a hacienda and learn Spanish from local instructors. There we also team up with local elementary school kids, to help with their latest community project. Lastly, travel to the Amazon River Basin to participate in service projects with local volunteers, working on conservation awareness and environmental education. Ruins. Rainforests. Rewarding experiences.
Earn 2 Spanish credits through Lesley University. Complete up to 35 hours of community service. From cultural exchange opportunities to real world field-based learning and service, Peru will fill you with memories and experiences that will guide you forward.
Two Spanish language college credits through Lesley University
35 hours of community service
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
- Earn 2 Spanish credits through Lesley University
- Hike the famous Inca Trail to breathtaking Machu Picchu
- Study Spanish at a hacienda in the beautiful Sacred Valley
- Do much needed service work in the Andes and the Amazon
- Visit local communities and learn all about sustainable tourism
- Take cooking class, salsa lessons and visit local cultural sites
- Horseback ride to the rarely explored Inca city of Huchuy Quosqo
What are my next steps?
At a Glance
Trips Available for Current Grades Click your current grade to view dates
Community Service & College Credit
- 35 Hours
- 2 Credits
British Columbia Marine Mammal Ecology: Learn and work alongside marine scientists and researchers in the classroom and the ocean. Paddle alongside harbor seals, humpback whales, grey whales, Orcas and more! The beautiful B.C. coastline offers the perfect setting for studying these creatures in their natural habitats. >
- Experience Required
- 1 year Spanish experience
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school graduate
- Minimum GPA: 2.50
- Completed at least one semester at college or graduated high school over a year ago
- Machu Picchu
- Puerto Maldonado