You’ve earned your PADI Divemaster. You’ve logged 100 dives. You’ve experienced amazing dive sites. All your training has led up to this moment.
The PADI Instructor Development Course is the next step forward on a dive career that is already marked with incredible achievements. But in true Broadreach form, you’re ready to keep pushing and achieve even more. This two-week instructor course covers all the skills and teacher training you’ll need to know in order to write the PADI Instructor Examination and become a certified PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI). As an OWSI, you will be rated to teach courses such as PADI Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water, Rescue, Divemaster, Skin Diver, Discover Snorkeling and more.
“Although challenging at times, I could not imagine a better way to spend a summer. ” — Patrick LaMontagne, S. Africa
- Earn 3 college physical education credits through the American Council on Education (ACE)
- Live at the Broadreach training facility in Anse Marcel, St. Martin
- Practice in-water skills at Creole Rock dive site
- Learn the methodology on how to teach PADI Diver course academics
- Learn how to teach the surface and in-water skills of the Open Water and Rescue courses
- Take the two-day Instructor Examination, a 4-part exam
- PADI Divemaster (or equivalent)
- Minimum 100 logged dives
- Proof of Current EFR certification
- Proof of PADI Divemaster, Rescue Diver and Advcanced Open Water certifications
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school graduate