This program explores the world of medicine on a global scale, and gives students who want to pursue medicine or public health a rare chance to experience a global healthcare system full-circle. Get hands-on medical experience shadowing doctors in local hospitals and assisting professionals in a rural clinic. This program introduces you to not only academic subject areas taught in medical school or a public health program, but also field experience in public health initiatives.
- Learn about the key aspects of global health research and practice
- Understand the greater context (global, political, organizational, economic, and social) that can promote or constrain public health interventions
- Gain exposure to life as a medical professional by shadowing physicians, working in the pharmacy, and supporting surgical brigades
- Examine the social and biological determinants of health
- Study tropical infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases
- Learn the principles of Ayurveda medicine and then experience for yourself the health benefits of yoga and meditation