During this course, you will gain exposure to the practice of veterinary medicine in a variety of settings ranging from wildlife rescue centers to community clinics. This program introduces the scientific principles of veterinary medicine while encouraging critical thinking and problem solving. You will have the opportunity to care for an exotic array of animals with a balance between preventative healthcare and hands-on intervention.
- Go beyond cats and dogs to learn about anatomy and behavior of different species including birds, reptiles, primates and mammals
- Compare and contrast approaches to healthcare at wildlife rescue centers
- Practice preventative care and hands-on intervention with a focus on avian and exotic animal medicine
- Learn to analyze body language of animals and draw health conclusions for times when performing a physical exam is not an option
- Gain exposure to community clinical care in rural villages
- Log contact hours working alongside veterinarians