Take the less traveled, more challenging path toward becoming a certified PADI Divemaster. Discover the Divemaster internship program, a unique Broadreach experience.
Only Broadreach would offer the kind of professional scuba training course that demands more of its candidates, pushes them further, and transforms them into professional divers and more confident leaders. The Divemaster internship program starts off like any other Divemaster course. Students undergo 7-days of intensive dive training, covering in-class dive theory as well as in-water simulations and skill demonstration. From there, the candidates push off onto one of several Broadreach boats, working closely with Broadreach staff and mentoring small groups of students, in and out of the water.
“Best idea ever to give our son this opportunity to explore the ocean and himself. He 'got it', the big picture I mean.” — Susan Stevens, Louisville, KY
- Spend a week at Creole Rock on St. Martin, undergoing intensive dive training
- Assist on a Broadreach yacht, sailing to Saba, Statia, St. Barts and more
- Work alongside staff members, acting as a third lead on the boat
- Create an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Conduct an underwater mapping project
- Take workshops on navigation and rescue skills
- 18 years old
- Rescue Diver certification
- Minimum of 45 logged dives at start of program
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications