Take your sailing and leadership skills to the next level while navigating the Caribbean. Learn that you have what it takes to skipper a boat and lead a team.
This course puts you at the helm – of the boat, the journey, your crew and most of all, your overall experience. Learn basic seamanship, navigation and more as you sail 500 nautical miles past fifteen Caribbean islands. Sail through the night on 80-mile, 15-hour jaunts. Learn and practice theories of risk management, effective leadership, group dynamics, problem solving and decision-making. A large portion of the program lies in the hands of you and your crew. You, and each member of your team, will lead a segment, plan passages, maintain a budget and guide discussion.
“The whole trip was beautifully thought out and planned and organized. She was stimulated and excited to learn.” — Jody Guralnick, Aspen, CO
- Earn 2 college leadership credits through Lesley University
- 500 nautical mile sail training program across the Caribbean
- Earn multiple IYT sailing certifications
- Discover Caribbean culture on more than 15 unique islands
- Study theories of leadership, group dynamics, motivation and more
- Learn passage planning, sail theory, navigation and meteorology
- Multiple overnight sailing opportunities
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school graduate
- Minimum GPA: 2.50
- Completed at least one semester at college or graduated high school over a year ago