Explore the rich history of this incredible country and experience firsthand how social entrepreneurship and microfinancing can have a significant affect on fighting global poverty.
The people of Cambodia and their determination to rise out of poverty will broaden your understanding of global economics and microfinance while affirming your faith in the power of investment in people to effect change.
On this eye-opening adventure, we’ll gain a deeper understanding of this spectacular country by studying its past, immersing ourselves in small villages and among indigenous people, and interacting with local communities. We’ll explore the function of microfinance organizations and measure the tangible impact of their programs. Plus, we’ll see firsthand how outreach programs run by monks are working to break the cycle of poverty. The journey will take us from the mystical Angkor Wat temple to an elephant sanctuary and to the largest wilderness area in Southeast Asia.
In floating villages on the Mekong River, in the mangroves of the Mondulkiri province and in bustling Phnom Penh, the stories and resolve of Cambodians will move you and likely inspire a lifelong pursuit to work towards ending poverty.
“Besides all the amazing places we went and friends you made, this experience has enriched me in more ways than that. Having this has given me gratitude for not only my life at home, but for the ability to travel. Being in a different place with such great people I had only just met has brought me closer to myself than I could have ever imagined.” — Olivia Dwyer
- Partner with microfinance organizations and the communities they serve
- Learn about the current and historical challenges of development in Cambodia
- Witness the optimistic dedication to sustainability and supportive communities
- Visit the floating villages on Tonle Sap lake and float the Mekong River
- Experience culture: language instruction, cooking classes, market visits and historical sites
- Trek the jungle of the South Cardamom reserve
- Soak in the perfect beaches of Koh Rong
- No experience required