Learn beyond borders.
Studying abroad provides the opportunity to see the world from a whole different perspective. Encountering ideas, cultures and beliefs other than your own, will inform not only your educational and career choices, but also the path your life takes — that’s reason enough to study abroad. Bridge gaps, build confidence, get comfortable taking the lead, and ignite a lifelong passion for learning.
- Global Perspective The more exposure to people and cultures outside of your own realm, the broader your worldview. Understanding comes from living in someone else’s shoes, or more specifically, their home. Become completely immersed in another culture and leave a more connected and aware global citizen.
- Personal Growth Become more aware of yourself and the world around you. Witness how others live and then live among them. Do conservation work. Volunteer at an orphanage. Gain new skills. Lead. At the conclusion of a study abroad adventure, it’s inevitable that you’ll look back and be astonished by how much you’ve grown.
- Leadership Develop the ability to lead a discussion, foster consensus, motivate a group, make decisions confidently and achieve a larger goal. Each student on a Broadreach College program will have the opportunity to take a turn at the helm and guide a group forward. Students leave with the leadership skills to guide their own future paths.
- Career Advancement Corporate recruiters. HR executives. Med school admissions officers. They’re all looking for globally-minded candidates who not only claim to have an appreciation for cultural diversity, but who have actually experienced it firsthand. Doing conservation work with local communities abroad can vault your resume to the top of the pile.
- Academic Learning Push yourself beyond the confines of four walls and a chalkboard. There’s a whole world out there. Embrace a multi-disciplinary approach to academic learning that combines, traditional classroom time with field research and meaningful service work, and gain a deeper, real world understanding of the topic you’re studying.